I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Happy Birthday to me...

So.

This is the day.

I'm 42 today.

Do I feel old?

Well, its' not as bad as last year. Turning 40 didn't hurt too much, but last year when I started adding digits to the end of the "4" I realized there was no turning back.

So, today it's a "2".

Maybe that's why I'm wearing my 3 1/2 inch heels for church today. I think I must be vain. I don't want to look old, so I'm resorting to those female age fighting mind games... high heels, panty hose.... well, I guess that's about as far as I got today! Of course, I will wear clothing along with it, but it feels like one of those days, you know, like in the dream- where you get where you're going only to find you forgot to get dressed. In today's dream I'd show up in nothing but panty hose and high heels.

scary

I hope I don't fall down! That would be humbling. Like yesterday... taking Hillary to her friend's house and then popping in to the grocery store for some essential ingredients to make the lemon poppy seed cake (If I'm making my own cake, I can make something different!) . I changed the shorts for some going-out-in-public trousers. I couldn't figure out what didn't feel right. I was halfway into the car before I realized I'd put my pants on backwards. (trousers, for all you Brits out there! my pants were just fine)

Wouldn't that have been cute!

Time to get a move on! The church bells will be ringing soon.

So, who's coming for cake?

posted by Lauralea | 8:54 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Linea said...

Happy Birthday. You don't even look old - high heels or not.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

9:52 PM  
Blogger becky said...

You know, 42 is the answer to life, universe, and everything. It's a very cool age indeed!

Happy birthday! :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

if you ever wanna borrow grama's girdle...call me....that' what I do to look young.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen