I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Homemakers Anonymous Theme Song

(sing with a strong country twang, to the tune of "Home on the Range". Sing loudly. It will annoy your children.)

Oh give me a home, made of self-cleanin' chrome,
Where the windas all sparkle and shine....
I'd git me a book, teach the stove how ta cook,
And find out jest what is this, "free time".

I'm home, home on the range. Jest cookin' and cleanin' all day....
Oh, what I would give, fer a brain like a sieve, to fergit all this work without pay.

I became a good wife, I thought this was the life,
Well, I thought it, but I was sure wrong.
'Stead o' spendin' my day in a leisurely way,
I'm jest workin' and singin' this song...

I'm home, home on the range. Jest cookin' and cleanin' all day,
Oh, what I would give, fer a brain like a sieve, to fergit all this work without pay.

Now my time is all spent, wondrin' where the day went,
And jest why I am feelin' so tired.
'Though I love 'em to bits, 'times I'd give up the kids,
If I knew where to go to git fired.

I'm home, home on the range. Jest cookin' and cleanin' all day.
Oh, what I would give, fer a brain like a sieve, to fergit all this work without pay.

posted by Lauralea | 6:44 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

I'll play the banjo while you sing! Ha! I love it!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

um...you think you dont have enough time in your life, and you are able to come up with this song?...i think you may have TOO much time on your hands.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

Oh, this one is many years old already. It started coming to me as I was cleaning the stove one day, probably 4 or 5 years ago. It came in flashes all day... as I was cookin' and cleanin'... I've never forgotten it, which for me, is a sign of a truly inspired song! Should I sing it for Jeff and Heidi's wedding reception! Ha Ha! (I did it at my sister's second wedding and that didn't last too long... it might be a jinx)

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about polka on a banjo chords and lyrics. You can check it out at polka on a banjo chords and lyrics

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen