I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Proper Protocol?!

O.K.

We visited another church today.

My husband was the guest speaker.

(Pulpit exchange- we go there, he comes here; kind of like Changing Rooms meets One Hundred Huntley Street)

So.

After the service I'm standing around with my boy. People are pausing and chatting. We're doing the "small talk" thing.

We've just had communion. The boy has a retainer. Food gets stuck under it sometimes.

The lady asks the boy a question. He answers. I see something flying from his mouth. I hope it has gone unnoticed.

It has.

As the chatting continues I see a (to me HUGE) bit of chewed bread stuck to the top of the sleeve of her jacket. It's a nice linen jacket, with a matching skirt.

WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!

When someone comes out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck to their shoe, do you tell them?

When a woman is in line at the super market and her skirt is tucked into her panty hose, do you tell her?

When the officer issuing you a speeding ticket's fly is undone, do you reach over and zip it up?

Somewhere in a small Saskatchewan town, a woman changed after church and found a wad of dried on, chewed up white ... stuff on her sleeve....Or... she didn't notice, and now it's stuck on the front of the dress beside which she hung her suit when she put on her Sunday lounging clothes...

So, is there flying food protocol?

posted by Lauralea | 6:15 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

it depends on if i like them or not. Sometimes, telling them will embarrass them too much, and I like them, I dont tell them..sometimes when I think the embarrassment will go on and on (like an open zipper) I tell them...if I dont like them...I just figure out which will be MORE embarrassing....and do that!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about "protocol", but I tend to be a teller, at least if I've just spit on somebody.

The really hard one for me is whether to tell someone they have a big booger camping out on the rim of their left (well, my left, their right) nostril. What is it with us and the booger awkwardness? I'm quite comfortable telling someone they've got some icing on their chin, but for some reason bodily fluids are taboo when it comes to "pointing out".

10:28 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Mark...a nice, gentle way to tell people of boogers is as follows: "Hey, you have a few puppies in the kennel."...and then point to the nose....it works every time....and you dont have to use yucky words.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen