I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Thursday, April 21, 2005

On Your Marks, Get Set, GO!

O.K.

Breakfast is done.

Lunches are made.

The three adolescents... Junior and Senior High... are starting to fumble their way to the door and so to the car and then to school.

The Pre-adolescent is doing his pre-leaving wandering about the house looking for ways to delay the inevitable.

Merriam-Webster word game of the day has been checked out and aced.

(Look at me! Johanna just showed me how to do a link! Yeah!)

And now?

Now THE SEWING awaits. Down in the recesses of the basement, in my dark little corner, the Seven Brides For Seven Brothers costume waits. I promised to work on it this morning and will try to have it finished by lunch.

So.

I guess I should go get at it!

Will she revere me? Will she adore me? Will she be grateful and fulsome with praise for her talented, serving mother?

Doubt it.

But, someday I hope she'll have her own children, and be serving her own time (with the odd weekend off for good behavior!) and THEN she'll appreciate me. That's how it worked with me. I didn't really start to appreciate my mother until I became one. At least by then it wasn't too late.

And now, to Sew, perchance to Seam.

posted by Lauralea | 8:54 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

Yay, you've joined the cool kids club. :)

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been at this for a month and nary a mention of this space from a certain significant someone who shall remain nameless (but I'll spell it out: R-A-N-D...)? What gives? Bad hubby!

And then you guest blog on his blog without any kind of linkage to this site, the site from whence your entry came?! I think someone owes you big!

Anyway, a belated welcome to the world of blogging!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bad. I see he has you on his blogroll. I apologize for my rant.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Toni Ertl said...

Daughters!

Hmmmm.

Teenage daughters!!!

Scarey!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen