I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Friday, April 01, 2005

To Infinity and Beyond!

Just reading Linea's blog, (http://www.linealanoie.com/)- (one of these days I'll get Randall to show me how to do the link thing!- hey I'm doing well to remember my user name and password and to be writing here at all!) and was again reminded of some thoughts I've had about the whole web-community that's out there.

Somehow over the past five years or so, we've been drawn into the cyber-web. We have cyber-friends. We keep cyber-journals. We have cyber-connections that would have been unimaginable five years ago. I read someone's weblog and am encouraged, or challenged or uplifted. I read a friend's cyber-journal and God visits me through the encouraging words someone else has written to speak life into that friend's pain or despair. When did community begin in cyber-space? It is awe-inspiring to me, to think that we can be scattered all over the globe, and yet can be so connected. It is a most encouraging and humbling thing to ponder. It still boggles my mind that my friend in Prince Albert can be dealing with life issues, and that an unseen, unmet friend in England is there with words of support and encouragement.

I wonder if the World Wide Web is a kind of picture of the Holy Spirit connection that believers have... maybe of the Holy Spirit himself... it's there at the touch of a finger- the click of a mouse button, yet is so vast and endless that you can't even imagine the end of it. It brings people together, even when they are physically apart...it is the common ground on which relationship happens... it is both physical and metaphysical... like stepping into a Madeleine L'Engle book!

It's an exciting use of technology and it will be interesting to see where it goes.

posted by Lauralea | 10:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen