I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bon appetite

Right.

Well, I'm just home from a lovely riparian picnic with the 11 year old. (If you needed to look it up you've either forgotten Hyacinth Bucket -pronounced "Bouquet", or you've never met her on "Keeping up Appearances"!)

I brought the jam sandwich, the juice box, the cut up apples in a bag, the cookies and the book.

I met him at school and we walked the 2 1/2 blocks to the river, found a shaded bench and spent a nice 45 minutes.

The dry grass makes pleasant sounds when the wind whispers through it, and there was a cheery little bird in one of the leafless branches just up from where we sat.

We're reading (well, I'm reading, he's listening!) Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Black Arrow". We're both quite enjoying it.

You should be reading this with a British accent, by the way, because it's being written with one, and since I maintain that things should be read the way they were written... It makes Robert Louis Stevenson fun. Sometimes we read him Scottish, and sometimes British. The Harry Potter books are delightful, when read properly! (Although Hagrid's accent is a bit more difficult!)

Today has been a thoroughly delightful day so far, and there is the prospect of the theatre this evening to round it off nicely. Opening night for the eldest daughter's school musical- one of my favourites, too. ("Seven Brides for Seven Brothers")

Well, back to the kitchen. I have BBC7 to keep me company as I do the washing up and then tackle my dress for the brother-in-law's wedding next week-end. (not quite a fortnight, so I'll have to sew quickly!)

....Bouquet residence; Lady of the house speaking!

posted by Lauralea | 12:44 PM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! Hope the 2nd half was just as nice!

My brother has a mild obsession for British comedy. Have you ever seen "The Royal(e?) Family"? Good stuff. Perhaps we'll have to watch a bit when we have our "Pride & Prejudice"-ironing day!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Toni Ertl said...

"Sometimes we read him Scottish, and sometimes British"

Ahem. Scottish or English. ;-)

I believe Scotland is still a part of Great Britain, despite the wishes of some.

As for Hagrid....

"Yew dairn't wanna do thairt."

:D

3:38 AM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

SO sorry. I seem to have touched an ENGLISH nerve there. I hope you are forgiving of us poor Colonists. If you can write out a few more practice lines for me I'll get at it and be in fine form before our name comes up for the next Book. We're #18 on the waiting list for "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" at the library. Micah's getting very excited. Or, should I just log on to Radio Yorkshire or something? I have a pretty good ear : )

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen