I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What a Great Day!

Thomas agrees with me.

Rainy days are the best.

I think it must be all my British genes.

Cloudy. Dreary. Cool. Raining. Fresh. Cars make swishy water noises as they drive by.

This is the kind of day that makes being a "stay-at-home-mother" truly worthwhile.

Other people have to get up to a gloomy, grey day.

Other people have to plod through their morning ablutions.

Other people have to look out rain-streaked office windows, and listen to irritating top-40 radio stations.

Other people might feel depressed going out into such a day as this.

I get to stay home.

I get to feel cozy and snug, listening to my favourite British radio stations (BBC7's Crime and Thriller Hour at the moment) , drinking lovely hot tea.

I get to bake (perfect on rainy days) or sew, or do laundry and read a British Mystery.

On days like today I always feel I've made a good career choice.

posted by Lauralea | 1:20 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger LJE said...

on days like today, i'm positively jealous of people like you who do get to stay home, and i look forward to when I get to join the ranks of the Noble Homemaker. Perhaps in a couple years...

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, just pippy, I say. You're spot on Dearie. I do agree with you about rainy days and such. Splish, splash, squish, squash, splat and splot - lovely to hear and even feel. I want to be home too! Why didn't God make it rain the six weeks I was at home sick? I'll just be asking him that when I get there. 'Ave a spot o'tea for me Ducky.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love rain days. I wish I could stay at home and sit on the couch with a good book and a cup of tea.

Speaking of books and things British, have you ever read any P.G. Wodehouse? You might enjoy him...

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

I adore P.G. Wodehouse. The antics of Jeeves and Wooster make me laugh out loud. Even better than P.G.Wodehouse, are Edith Pargetter writing as Ellis Peters, Edith Pargetter as herself, Dorothy L. Sayers, Martha Grimes, Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham, Norah Lofts, Morgan Llewellyn...Some of the British men aren't so bad either! (C.S.Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien come to mind) So many books. So little tea.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen