I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Boys-R-Us

The boys have tubes.

Hard, hard tubes- pressed cardboard? From the middle of rolls of fabric kind of tubes.

Five foot tubes.

Apparently, they make good bats.

With tennis balls.

This seems to be an enjoyable sport in the back yard.

Big brother Tosses the ball up, taking a swing at it with the tube. Little brother fetches the ball.

I had to yell at them twice.

First, I said, quit hitting balls toward the house. Quit hitting them toward the vehicles. Go into the field next door and do that.

They like our back yard. It's too far to the field.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Next, I said, quit hitting the balls toward my newly planted cherry bushes. And watch out for the raspberry bushes. GO INTO THE FIELD NEXT DOOR TO DO THAT.

IF, I said, YOU BREAK ANY WINDOWS OR BRANCHES FROM THOSE PLANTS YOUR LIFE WILL NOT BE WORTH LIVING FOR A LONG TIME.

So.

How do you make a fifteen year old's life not worth living?

It bears thinking on.

Husband thought making him get a job at McDonald's to pay for any damage he did.

I thought making him wear the McDonald's uniform to school.

Probably good for him that he stopped.

posted by Lauralea | 5:33 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

when he was two...his sisters and I dressed him up as a girl...boobs and barrettes included....I have pictures, let me know if you need them....they could do some damage....especially in a poster size.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

Yes.... it's a thought! Maybe you should bring a sample to the wedding...

10:50 PM  
Blogger Toni Ertl said...

Hell hath no fury like a woman given a free hand to dress people up..... Apparently.

Ma'am, that's one MEAN streak youva beena hidin'.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

Yessir, if ma yungins is bein' threatened, I'll defend 'em like a mama mountain lion. If ma yungins is threatenin' ma baby bushes, or ma fine glass windas, well - they'd jest better watch behind theirselves is all I kin say.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen