I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Thursday, May 12, 2005

All Work and No Play...

Well, Johanna did really well in her school play.

I, in proper stage mother style, am seeing it twice. I went tonight with Micah, (opening night) and I'll go Saturday, (final performance) with her Dad and a friend.

I do enjoy a good musical. The Seven Brides were in fine form, and the Seven Brothers did very well too. I was quite impressed. They sang, they danced, they hit most of the high notes... nicely done.

Now it's late. Micah's finally in bed. Thomas is frantically scratching out an assignment for school... (Oh-here he comes now... "Mom can you type this for me?!")

So, here I go to save his sorry but yet again. Hillary said I should make him type it himself, but what I can do in 10 minutes, will take him an hour. The only problem is that I can't read his writing, so he usually has to dictate for me. I consider it training for my next career as a court stenographer.

sigh

posted by Lauralea | 10:55 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni Ertl said...

"what I can do in 10 minutes, will take him an hour"

Deja vu.

Sarah is 15 and doing GCSEs - effectively final exams, as she could leave school when they're done if she wants. One of their teachers had a major strop this week, and had her class all re-writing and improving the course work for submission. These days Sarah can type nearly as fast as me, but she's been burning WAY too much midnight (literally) oil for a kid her age.

Great to see Johanna's pic in the paper though - she's solunded like she needed some encouragement recently.

BTW have you turned off images in HTML tags? I can't add smilies.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

If the tags are off, I didn't do it on purpose! Me and the computer is like me and an automobile... I can drive it, but don't ask me how it works! Just smile REALLY big and sincerely, and I'm sure I'll feel it! ... or do this... : )
That's as smiley as I usually get! I can ask Randall about it!

7:50 AM  
Blogger becky said...

My mom typed for me, too. :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen