I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Sunday, May 15, 2005

It's Sunday Again

I think I must be in a time warp.

It hasn't been long enough since last Sunday.

I kept forgetting last night, that I had to wake up to Sunday. Then it would hit me. Bummer.

It's not that I don't like Sundays, it's just that they're so much work.

And they come so often.

And I've been so tired this week. (if it really WAS a week, she said suspiciously)

But, I suppose it has been.

There was Mother's Day, then the birthday party prep, then the birthday party and early dismissal day, then a couple of days of laundry and house cleaning, then opening night of the school play, then cutting out the dress for the wedding, then Church cleaning day and final performance of the school play...

This week I WILL sew that dress.

I will.

I really will.

I have to look good, so it doesn't frighten the Bride. I have to make 20 years of wedded bliss look like bliss! I can't go looking worn out and washed out and fed up. (or worn out, washed up and fed out!)

Besides, my husband is officiating, and he'll be wearing a suit, and he DOES look good in a suit.

Well.

I have half an hour before I should start making my way to the car and so to church.

So, off I go to look in the closet.

And take some more drugs.

And put away my muffins. (Anyone need a fabulous recipe for low sugar, low fat, high fiber bran muffins?)

And get looking beautiful.

Hmm.

I'd better get at it. The beautiful part could take longer this morning. I don't want to scare any of the little children.

By the by.... when you want to get sent home from church cleaning days, or school supervision days, or work, just show up with no make-up. Don't go looking like you just got up, but leave off the make-up; lipstick with no eye goop is particularly effective! If you show up looking tired and washed out, people will think you're a trooper, they'll be sympathetic, and there's a good chance you'll get sent home.

Just don't go to the cinema or the art gallery after that. Or the funky neighborhood coffee place. You'll probably run into someone who sent you home. Grocery shopping is O.K., because that's a necessary evil, but don't put on your make-up til your mental health day is over.

Away I go.

To put on my make-up.

I don't need sympathy today.

(and I've just used up half of my getting ready time!)

posted by Lauralea | 9:02 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Linea said...

I like that line "I have to make 20 years of wedded bliss look like bliss!"

Maybe we should do our duty and really scare them!

Nah! We'll let them find out on their own.

10:15 PM  
Blogger LJE said...

i would definitely be interested in that muffin recipe...sounds divine.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen