I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'm a BAD Mother

Micah's gone for the day and a night!

It's the grade 5, beginner band camp. Pray for Mrs. Wiebe! (Micah's classroom teacher) Pray for Miss Helms! (The band teacher) They have inherited all the pre-hormonal grade fives from four schools for 17 hours starting at 9:00 this morning.

I think I must be a bad mother.

I am REVELING in the thought that I don't have to stop to make lunch today.

I am ENJOYING the thought of not fighting with him at bedtime.

I COMPLETELY LOVE the idea of the quietness that he leaves in his wake.

So, I must be a bad mother.

Come to think of it, I'm even excited about the other ones starting to leave home. I'm sure I'll miss them...

In my defense, I have always maintained that the role of a parent is to work yourself out of a job.
SO, if I'm a good parent, they will be ready to leave, right?

Ah, well.

Micah's arrival in our family 11 years ago postponed empty nest syndrome for a few years.

But I can dream, can't I?

posted by Lauralea | 9:52 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie Vandersluys said...

But now that it's been half a day, don't you miss him already? I know when my folks take Madeline for an evening or overnight, I can't wait for her to be gone and have some peace and quiet, but then within a half an hour I miss her and (sort of) want her back. THough, I know if they brought her back at that moment I would regret it and would wish her gone again.

Kids... they're funny. Like I said to Marc the other day: "Kids, you can't live with them... and I seem to recall living without them." (Maybe I'll post that on my blog.)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Linea said...

What is kind of cool is when they are really gone - have their own homes and spouses and all and then come back home and actually treat you with respect. Sometimes it is as if you were old or something and can't lift the grocery bags on your own all of a sudden. Makes you even wonder a bit where they learned to be such nice people since, if my memory is still good, they never displayed such solicitous behaviour while they lived with you.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen