I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Roll Kuchen and Watermelon

That's what we had for supper today.

Basically a flour, egg and milk dough rolled into strips and deep fried. Not unlike a fritter I suppose.

I made one batch with regular white flour, and then half a batch with whole wheat flour.

I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that watermelon is on the "do not eat" list for those on diabetic alert.

It's just about the right time, (about an hour and a half since supper) and I'm feeling it.

Woo hoo.

Too much sweet watermelon, and too many roll kuchen-even if they were whole wheat!

Good thing it's the evening and I don't have to do any heavy thinking tonight.

I think I'll go wash the dishes for Thomas or something, to get moving...

Or it could just be "good night Irene" for this type 2 diabetic!

posted by Lauralea | 6:49 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

Oh, I've heard of this! (but have yet to try it)

Hey, so what do ya want me to bring for Sunday? I'm nearly domesticated now, so I can bring anything from buns to dessert. :)

Email me (rbennetch@gmail.com) to let me know!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I need your recipe. My husband raves about his mother's roll kucken and bruse - and I know I can't get the recipe from his mom because she didn't write down things like that; she'd just made it! And... seeing as I'm not from a mennonite background; I just married into it, I have no idea how to make it.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen