I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'm Back!

Feels like I've been away for a long time.

My parents have been visiting.

Just a stop over, to bring graduation gifts.

(See, Mom, says Johanna, - you ARE supposed to get gifts for grad.)

It was good to visit again. I don't think we've seen them since before Christmas.

Too long.

Anyway, several good canasta games later, they're on their way to my sister in Swift Current.

I was surprised how much I missed my blog.

Just thought I'd check in before I head over to the elementary school to look for wieners in the freezer.

At the last Home And School meeting (like the PTA for all you Americans) I was nominated to go digging in the freezer to assess the condition of the leftover wieners for tomorrow's Play Day. (like Sport's Day, for all you people my age!)

I TOLD them that I couldn't do it.

I TOLD them that I can't reach the bottom of the freezer.

At my house, I told them, I have to wait til one of the tall people are there to get things from the bottom of the freezer.

But, they just laughed, and as they all have paying jobs, I was nominated, despite my protests.

So, it's on their heads if I fall on mine.

I can see the headlines....


Princess Margaret tragedy.

"The Princess Margaret school community is mourning the loss of one of their favourite parents today. Mrs. Lauralea Friesen, mother of Micah, passed away at the school Thursday morning. Her cold, frozen body was discovered in the kitchen freezer, where it was determined she had fallen in on her head in a vain attempt to dislodge leftover frankfurters for a school event. She will be missed. School principal, Dough Wallace, was heard to moan, 'No more buns... no more buns....'"

posted by Lauralea | 10:03 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorianne in Saskatoon said...

"So, it's on their heads if I fall on mine."

Hee hee hee hee hee!

3:01 PM  
Blogger LJE said...

I missed your blog too!

Glad to hear your weiner expedition was successful and relatively uneventful!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Toni Ertl said...

"No more buns".

I dare not add anything else ;-)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

Should I clarify?!

I am the mom who brings a snack for staff meeting each month. Since I have more time than money, it's always a baked treat. Once I sent over warm, fresh buns with real butter and homemade jams and jellys. I found out that the principal's FAVOURITE thing is the home-made buns. So, since the first rave reviews, whenever I bake buns, I always send a dozen over for him. I just found out that his step son is also a homemade bun fan, so I might have to up the ante and start sending 2 dozen!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is that how micah's passing grade five???

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen