I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Monday, June 13, 2005

Little Ol' Lady Who

(That's supposed to be a "yodel")

Yup, I'm feeling like one of the old, old generation- those who's topics of conversation tend to revolve around their aging processes.

The aches and pains.

The new hip.

The meds.

On the positive side, I am hopeful that by the end of the week I'll feel much better.

I admitted defeat and crawled to a doctor today.

He prescribed:

Tylenol and Ibuprofin, together.

Antibacterial mouthwash, to be gargled after each meal, and sometimes in between.

Metronidazole 250 mg.

Sulfameth/Trimeth 800/160 mg.

For the pain.

For the swollen, inflamed throat.

For the inner ear and sinus infection.

I think that's why I haven't been writing much.

My brain function is in suspended animation.

Now I'll go type Thomas' English homework, and get ready for our overnight company tomorrow.

posted by Lauralea | 6:30 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Toni Ertl said...

I usually find I can hold out for a while, but when things don't get better it's best to give in with good grace and accept medication. There's no point suffering for ages.

I just think about how it must have been 100 years ago.

No antibiotics, no decent analgesics (when alcohol truly WAS medicinal).

Just your immune system and genetic inheritence.

I wonder if that pushed people toward the only one that could heal them? Something to bear in mind.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Linea said...

Oh my - on the Metronidazole eh? Just a wartning - no wine for you or you'll feel extremely gross!

But my goodness, it sounds like you are getting the "hit everything with both barrels" treatment. Something ought to give!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen