I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sex Ed 102

Ooh... that got your attention!

We were at a lovely wedding reception yesterday afternoon.

Two beautiful young people, head-over-heels in love.

A great way to spend a Saturday.

We were able to sit at a table with friends, which is always nice when you know the newly weds, but not their relatives!

At one point in the proceedings a couple of fellows at our table burst into a spontaneous rendition of "Afternoon Delight". (if you didn't grow up in the 70's, just look it up. Let me totally date myself by admitting that this was one of my favourite songs on the juke box in the common room when I was in grade 8. )

I gave Randall a poke and said... Hey, they're singing our song!

I was then able to share some matronly advice.

You see, L.T., one of the singers, is getting married in about 6 weeks, and his lovely bride- to- be is a young widow with 2 boys.

I joked that "Afternoon Delight" is a good thing- sometimes that's the only delight you can get! With older children, you have to grab the moments as they come... like when the kids are at school.

If you have to work during those delightful hours in the afternoon you should go with the "after dinner nap".

Now, the bride is half Mennonite, so her boys should be used to "meta schlope" (dinner nap, for the Menno-challenged)

You have to tell your kids that "we're really tired, and we're going to have a nap. We'll be REALLY annoyed if you wake us up."

Set them up with a movie, or their favourite show, or a long game...

Works every time.

(Just make sure the door is locked and the curtains are drawn, because they're bound to want to check if you're still "sleeping"!)

posted by Lauralea | 7:50 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Toni Ertl said...

Darn.

I've an hour to kill before we go out to dinner.

You're home.

I'm in Copenhagen.

:(

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen