I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Enough Is Enough

This has to end.

When I was young, I stayed up all night.

I could sleep in late.

I was able, in short, to match my lifestyle to my young husband's.

He's still much more the night owl.

Then came the children.

The first several years the children didn't change us too much.

They were good sleepers.

They could sleep twelve hours at a stretch.

If we set their twelve hours from 9:30 pm - 9:30 am, so what?!

We could still stay up later, and sleep in a bit longer.

Then came school.

Now it had to be 7:00 - 7:00, at the very latest 8:15 - 8:15.

Now Someone had to get up with the children.

Someone had to get them out of their warm, cozy little beds.

Someone had to make sure they had a nutritious start to their little days.

Guess who?

Now, 12 years later, my internal clock has changed so that I am awake in the morning.

Usually.

Someone's husband still prefers the night hours.

Someone's children have become youth who are able to stay up half the night and sleep til noon without a thought.

Someone finds herself burning the candle at both ends.

Far too often.

So, once again we were up til after midnight last night.

Granted, it was for a good cause... we were doing the Saskatoon thing, had a good meeting with some friends. Didn't leave the city til almost 10:00, so, with the hour and a half drive home, of course we're going to be late getting to bed.

But enough is enough.

I'm not as young as I used to be. Sleep deprivation is catching up with me.

I still like morning the best.

Especially early summer mornings.

MOST especially autumn mornings.

But, functioning after only 7 hours of sleep is, to state the obvious, fatiguing!

So.

That's it.

I mean, that's REALLY it.

No more late, late nights.

If the children want to stay up all night and be crabby (IN YOUR ROOM) all day, fine by me.

I will go to bed at a good and proper time.

I will get up at a fresh and crisp smelling time.

I will enjoy most of my day before my lay-about children put their feet to the floor.






Well, I'll sure try.

posted by Lauralea | 10:34 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni Ertl said...

"Now, 12 years later, my internal clock has changed so that I am awake in the morning.

Usually.

Someone's husband still prefers the night hours."

Well at least that will ensure there are no un-expected additional children.

;-)

Unless you can manage a little afternoon delight now and again.

:D :D

3:33 PM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

; )

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting how I can tell, without scrolling down to the name,just when it's a 'Toni' post.:)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen