I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Good Morning

It has been a good morning, so far.

I was sleeping before midnight, and up at 7:30.

Much improved over the past few days.

I was able to make a run to the church to do some photo-copying and fetch some baby food jars that I'm sharing with the Anglican church for a VBS craft.

It smelled like camp.

It was like being at the lake in the morning...

Fresh air, slight hint of rain (or lake water!), some kind of lake foliage happening somewhere, sunlight flickering through the leaves.

Very nice.

I fried up some leftover sliced, canned luncheon meat and then it smelled like camping!

So, breakfast has been had, and everyone is out....

I'm home alone.

Just Me and Micah.

Micah and Me?

Micah and I?

He and I?

Me and him?

I had breakfast with Harry, (Potter, that is) and enjoyed the quiet and the sunshine and the nice breeze.

Makes me think about life as the children leave home.

I think I will like it.

I will definitely need to either have Micah or my sewing "room" moved upstairs so that as the teenaged Micah sleeps in til noon I can putter around without disturbing the quietness. There's nothing worse, on a beautiful spring or summer morning, than to be bombarded by the rantings of a prematurely awakened adolescent. I think I'll take an upstairs bedroom... the small one in the back that gets all the sunshine. That will be nice.

Ah yes.

Micah is now up and on his way out to mow his half of the lawn. The bonus for him, in having Thomas away at a friend's for night, is that he (Micah) gets to choose which half of the lawn he mows!

And so, it's 10:00, and the day marches on.

Left, right, left, right, march, march, march, march...

I don't know what you've been told.....

I don't know what you've been told.....

42's not very old...

42's not very old...


Stand up straight, you're in your prime....

Stand up straight, you're in your prime....

Getting better all the time....

Getting better all the time....

posted by Lauralea | 10:07 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Randall Friesen said...

Yeah, ok, that back bedroom with the view is reserved for my workspace!! I reserved it for infinity!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lauralea said...

As Johanna would say, "Meh". The front bedroom is bigger anyway : )

1:38 PM  
Blogger Toni Ertl said...

You posted about the camping morning smell too.

This morning for me.

This morning for you.

Camping, chilly morning air, dampness, fry-ups.

Meh, as your absent daughter would say.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen