I am

 

I read

 

Previous Posts

 

Archives

 

Powered by Blogger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

Saturday, July 09, 2005

How Does Your Garden Grow...

Epiphany!

I don't hate gardening.

I just hate afternoon gardening.

I like morning gardening.

I hate being hot.

I hate being sweaty.

I hate when my glasses slide down my nose, and my bra sticks to my body.

I don't hate digging holes and pulling weeds.

I like planting things.

I love being creative with the fruits of my labour.

I bought, yesterday, a black current bush, a red current bush, and a gooseberry bush.

Well, they're not bushes yet, but they will be.

Give them time.

I planted them this morning.

Before the shower, before the breakfast, before the blazing sun and crippling heat.

Spray on the Deep-Woods Off, throw on yesterday's shorts and top.

No one about, so you don't need the bra.

It was great.

Bushes/ sticks are planted, and I am optimistic that some day they will produce jelly, and pie, and jam, and wine.

So, gardening done, lovely cool shower to wash off the bug spray and get fresh again.

Nice.

A good start to the day.

On another note, when I came to the computer, BBC7 was playing, and the presenter that sounds like our friend Nigel was on. If you know Nigel, you have to check this out. You can check out BBC7, whether you know Nigel or not! If you like stories and drama, you will like this. We discovered it last year, and it's one of my favourite internet radio stations. In the morning (our morning- afternoon in Great Britain) you can hear the Little Toe Show and then The Big Toe Show. These are shows for kids, but they read and dramatize stories and books. It's very enjoyable. In the afternoon here (evening there!) there is the Crime and Thriller hour, and The Seventh Dimension (science fiction / space stories) and Comedy. From this BBC7 page, you can listen live, or click on "listen again" to find the Big Toe Show, (Jez/ Nige was on Sat., so scroll down and click on it) or any other show that tickles your fancy.

That's my plug for early morning gardening and BBC7.

Now it's off to see what the rest of the day holds.

posted by Lauralea | 10:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
        Drycold Designed ©2005 Lauralea Friesen